DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, im new to the forum and a rookie in the offroad world. Ive gone with friends but not with any of my trucks. Just bought a 2001 ram 1500 ext cab laramie 5.9l and had a few questions. i would like to put a 5 inch lift in the truck and i have heard some conflicting info from friends. I was looking at the rough country lift because its cheap and i dont plan on doing major offroading with the truc, just weekly trips to the beaches on my island and riding some trails so i was wondering if this lift is worth what im looking for. plus id also like to ask if after i get a lift put in, what kind of plow if any id be able to use on this truck. i heard the 1500 is iffy when it come to plows. thanks for any info.......01ram121

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
The front suspension on a 1500 is a bit light for carrying a plow, but many have done it. Personally I recommend getting at least a 2500 if your planning using a plow, but sometimes you got to use what you got. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm running the Rough Country lift on my 05 I have no complaints, and you can try to find out if the 1500's use the same diameter coil springs as the 2500's, if do you could use diesel springs in the front to stiffen it up, that's what I used

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info....most likey gonna go with the rough country lift. it doesnt come with a steering stabilizer but offers it for $35. is that something i should upgrade or can i run with the stock i have?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I don't know about a lifted truck and a snow plow. Better check with the snow plow manufacturer about how high a lift U have, might work, might not. Todays snow plows, the newer type that U can take off quickly, have height limits to hook them up (about 10" I think). The old type that are permanently mounted on the truck would be OK though, If the plow itself is at a good angle to the ground for plowing. Just a thought...

·
Registered
101 Posts
did you get the lift put on? If so how is everything? I have my Rough Country 5 inch lift sitting in the garage right now. Gonna put it on tomorrow afternoon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts