DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009-2018 RAM 1500 4WD RANCHO QUICK LIFT 2.25 INCH LEVELING STRUTS AND SHOCKS KIT.Unlimited truck and Jeep.

Thinking of getting this set up. I know you guys are the experts out there. I do very little rough 4x4. More for looks. any ratings/ ideas? Learning about this site still. It's great!For around $600, looks good. I will probably have my local shop install it. I'm damn handy, but it has to realigned anyway.

Please let me know! Thanks to everyone!!:smileup:

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
2009-2018 RAM 1500 4WD RANCHO QUICK LIFT 2.25 INCH LEVELING STRUTS AND SHOCKS KIT.Unlimited truck and Jeep.

Thinking of getting this set up. I know you guys are the experts out there. I do very little rough 4x4. More for looks. any ratings/ ideas? Learning about this site still. It's great!For around $600, looks good. I will probably have my local shop install it. I'm damn handy, but it has to realigned anyway.

Please let me know! Thanks to everyone!!:smileup:
Rancho isn't very well thought of in the off road world. But since you aren't going to do much of that it should work for you. Bilsteins are much better and around $200 less.

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,652 Posts
Just a quick mention if you are impatient like I am. Bilstein is a shock only and requires a little more labor due to OEM spring disassembly where Rancho is a full coilover replacement swap. Probably an hour more of labor depending on the shop, so that $200 savings might not all be left.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I did the Rancho QL in my RAM, no issues so far, I have always gone with 5100’s before in other applications, and I currently have 5100’s in my Silverado crew cab. Decided on the Ranchos because of the simplicity of the application, plug and play, and I like them so far, trucks feels cushy like the stock ride, this are not hi performance coilovers, so they are not meant to go fast in the dirt, respect that and you’ll be fine. You can make them feel firm or soft depending to your likes, they’re not adjustable in height like 5100’s, they leveled my truck 2” and truck looks great with that and 315/70/17 tires, I also did Zone ucas at the same time.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Here are the Eibach shocks at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Eibach-E60-82-008-02-10-Pro-Truck-Height-Adjustable/dp/B01DFCA2WA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1536416646&sr=8-4-fkmr0&keywords=eibach+ride+height+adjustable+shocks+for+2015+ram+1500

I read up on them. They are using the exact same setup as Bilstein but top out at 2.5 inches. They are monotube so they should wear much better than twin tubes. I used to run Eibach spring in my shock on my motocross bikes. They are fantastic springs but they didn't make shocks until recently. i would think they are gtg. They have decades of racing technology at Eibach.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Rancho puts out a low quality product. I wouldn't buy any of their products. Bilstien is the way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts