DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2017 cummins and am doing my prelift research. I want 4-6 inches. I'm looking at the 4" Superlift with long arms. I hear very little about Superlift, so I'm hesitant. Most of my driving is highway (at 80-90 mph), so handling is important to me. I am not as worried about off road, I have a wrangler for when we get extreme. With high speeds in mind, here are my questions:

Is Superlift a quality product?

Do the long arms improve handling?

What are the benefits of the drop arm lifts?

Link to lift I'm leaning towards:

http://www.superlift.com/4-inch-lif...-2500-4wd-pickups-with-diesel-engine-bilstein

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't know on there lift ,but I put there level kit on mine and was very good quality and built in the USA.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I think you would be better off going with a Thuren or Carli lift, they are well thought out and perform properly and they are a known quantity.

·
Registered
289 Posts
With high speeds in mind, here are my questions:

Is Superlift a quality product?

Do the long arms improve handling?

What are the benefits of the drop arm lifts?

Thanks for the advice

Hello, I have installed and run lifted rigs for over 20 years so maybe have some insight.

Superlift is OK...not high end but not junk either. However, this kit is equipped with Bilstein dampers which is a really good thing.

I will be going Thuren from what I have read. It is 3" front, 1" rear but the kit is geared towards off-road and softer spring rates for a good ride. It may reduce the payload capacity of the truck with softer springs but that isn't a problem for me.

I doubt you would notice the difference with the long arms unless you are fairly serious about off-roading. If the kit is more for looks and an occasional run down some back country roads, you really don't need to spend the money on them and they can tend to be expensive on the install if stock hangers need to be cut off and/or moved. They are functional but really only for the folks that are pushing the limits.

If you mean radius arms, it would be a must for this much lift in my book to help maintain suspension geometry throughout its travel cycle. With stock arms and that much lift, they will tend to 'pull' the axle back and push forward, introducing different range of suspension motion, (than basically up and down) that you really don't want for a smoother ride.

I am no expert, so take this with a grain of salt, hahaha.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thuren is a nice kit, and does improve the ride a bit. It won't be a half-ton ride, and you are still going to feel every expansion joint on the highway, but it's not nearly as jarring. The rear will sag like a half ton, unless you add some air bags or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts