DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kay I've heard a lot about lift kits i have a 2012 ram 1500 and am interested in putting a 4 inch super lift or any brand really in it, but in order to not have to fuss with warranty i need to buy mopar (which is a super lift kit stamped with mopar) so my deals wants about 4500 for the lift and install, btw i live in saskatchewan, but yeah so about 2000-2500 is what their charging for the lift. but then looking at buying any other brand not mopar they are like 1000-1500 that is a big difference. so the question is do i have to pay outrageous price for mopar to keep warranty? or I've heard they have to back up your warranty even if have aftermarket lift, the problem would have to be associated witht the lift to not warranty it right? what your thoughts?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also what kind of parts would be associated with lift problems where warranty wouldn't cover?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
A lift would potentially put your entire suspension and drive train into question if there was ever an issue. The half-shafts and driveshaft would be put at more extreme angles causing potential issues with the 4x4, tranny, gears, etc. At the same time, there has to be a problem before they can void warranty, not jjust be present. I know lots of guys that buy brand new trucks and lift them with aftermarket kits and the dealership doesn't care, unless you have a service writer that hates his job and wants to take it out on somebody... might I suggest bringing donuts in cases like this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Mopar Kit can still void your warranty just like any other lift kit. Any MOPAR/DODGE part that has a "P" in front of the part number example: P548315 is considered a "performance" part. This “can” void a warranty.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm glad someone finally told the truth about lift kits and warranty. You lift it you loose warranty, simple as that.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
What FX2 said. Dont buy those expensive lifts because Mopar endorses them. Any lift voids the warranty.

But at the same time Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act......nuff said

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so which way should i actually go if i was going to buy a 4 inch lift the week? order from my dodge dealer or get a bds or somethings, what are my true benefits of having a mopar compared to aftermarket

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Honestly, there isnt any "true" benifits to having a Mopar lift. I guarantee you that same dealer that does the Mopar will put on any other lift as well. My dealers here uses PC. I've asked them before what they put on their trucks and they say Mopar and say you cant go over 4" without voiding the warranty. What the dumbass didnt know is all 4 of their lifted trucks were 6" PC lifts. Its pretty clear how to pick out a PC lift!!

The dealer CANNOT void your warranty because of a suspension lift....CANNOT. My truck has been to the dealer for numerous reasons throughout the year and they never once said anything about my lift. They also do the rear end recall, tsb and flashes or whatever under warranty. I even got a the passenger abs speed sensor wire replaced under warranty bc my tire chewed through it :D

So get whatever lift fits the bill and your wallet. Get what you want for your truck more importantly!! FYI spend the extra 100 bucks and get a 6"....

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
what are you all talking about maybe im confused or its different at my dealer, but here in missouri i can take my truck up 6" in the front on suspension and 6" in the rear on suspension and not have voided anything on the warranty atleast this is what they told me, as i was going to have them do it when i bought the truck but didnt want to pay 4100 to have it done so i purchased the lift myself, and then paid to have it installed, ended up with a customized adjustable lift just to my liking that can be dialed back down to 6" if there ever is an issue and got away all said and done for less than 3200.

pc 6"lift 1400
rcx 6in rear lift 120-130
1.5in hub centric wheels spacers from somewhere 225
prorunner adjustables for the fron 180
prorunner monotubes in the back 110
installation 800
oh and a ready lift 1.5in rear coil spacer was like 130
just added recently RIZE ind rear break line 60

probably twice the quality of lift the dealer would put on an is almost 8" and 1-2k cheaper, i would definitly go a different route and contact dodge directly to see what voids the warranty and what doesnt, like i said i know where i am at i can take the truck 6" and it wont void anything at all, and i have verified this multipe places:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Go straight to the Source

I am living proof that lifting your truck will void warranties without doubt. just yesterday, i brought my truck to the local dodge dealership for an alignment. Just before paying the bill they informed me that the bumper to bumper full coverage warranty that i had purchased from Chrysler was now voided. I came back and argued that only the suspension should be voided if anything, but with my 6" rcx lift, they said all components of the warranty were voided. they said the engine was voided because of the new angle it was on, the suspension for obvious reasons, and the transmission and rest of the drive train because of the drive shaft angle. They told me to go straight to the source of the warranty and consult with them for options that you can add to cater to how your truck is set up. I wouldn't get a lift expecting to not void any factory or aftermarket warranties. you have to read the fine print and talk to the dealerships.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
yall need to use my dealership lol, i have my truck in for oil change and they commented on my lift and said and i quote "dont go over 6" on your suspension or we will have to void your warranty" i said do when i take it up 3 more on the body ill still be fine they said "as long as its not anymore on your suspension you will be fine"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts