DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has probably been asked over and over, but I can't find it and would really love to know... I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Edition Crew Cab. I am REALLY wanting to install a Rough Country or another Manufacturer's Lift Kit. Would this void my warranty? What if I were to get a professional to do it? What's your input on the matter? Thanks.

Art

·
Registered
241 Posts
Depending upon the dealer it can void ur whole drive train warranty along with any suspension and steering parts. All they have to say is that its possible that ur modifications could have caused the malfunction because its not to original specs. Dodge however does offer a lift kit for the trucks and provided its installed by them, it will keep the warranty intact. That is about what I have gotten for the numerous posts I have read.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just did a quote for a guy yesterday regarding lifting his 1500 and keeping it within warranty. Basically what it came down to was with a mopar 4" kit with bilstein struts/shocks he was looking at $5xxx canadian. This is pretty crazy to keep your warranty intact being that technically it is a re-boxed aftermarket lift kit. I showed him a pro comp 6" lift kit that was more than half the price. My suggestion to him was bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts and rear shocks. We have installed a customer supplied rough country kit as well, it just had strut spacers and rear spacer. Where i'm at we are good with modest leveling kits and such but if you come through the door with a 6" lift and 37" tires, warranty on that u-joint is going to be a little tough. This is just my opinion. All dealers are different.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Having just gone through something similar with my trucks leveling kit, I can let you know that RAM will almost flat out deny paying for anything having to do with your drive train if you used aftermarket parts. I got lucky because the dealer I took it to fought for me and the dealer I originally got the parts and install done by refunded me my money, but it was on me to get it taken care of, RAM washed their hands of it the instant they found out that the dealer used aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm in the same boat kinda. I saw online at BDSsuspension.com that they offer a lift time warranty on the lift with a no questions asked guarantee replaced parts policy. They r a little more on the expensive side but what do u expect on a lifetime warranty on parts. But our manufacter warranty I'm not really sure about that though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts