DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just contacted my dealer about a lift kit.. Quoted me over 4,400 for just the kit.. wanting to see what other people are paying for theirs. 4 inch lift btw

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
You'll need to provide more information....was he quoting you the MOPAR lift, a different brand of lift? The price quoted is on the high side for even the MOPAR... about $1k more than it should which tells me they are trying to say they don't want you to buy a lift from them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They didn't seem to sure about it.. Definetly a mopar lift. Think I should contact a different dealer? Almost sounded like my dealer hasnt ever lifted a ram truck. Didn't know if Chrysler even provided a approved lift for them

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
YES, you should contact a different dealer!! MOPAR does not make their own lift, it's a glorified Superlift product. You can google MOPAR 4" lift and you'll see that they run around $3k give or take. Any reputable lift company is going to give you a life time warranty on their product, so you don't really gain anything by installing a MOPAR brand. I'd encourage you to send a message to one of our forum sponsors and you'll save a ton of money. Try giving Bully's Performance a shot, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

·
Registered
387 Posts
My dealer quoted me $3800 and change for the Mopar 4" with Bilsteins... In Canada!

...as mentioned in other threads, the Mopar lift is actually a Superlift... the exact same lift could be had for at least $1000 less just by buying the Superlift instead of Mopar kit...

You'll want to check into Zone and BDS as well... and Bully's Performance is a great place to start...

·
8,070 Posts
I would never recommend buying a lift from the dealership. As others said all they sell is a Superlift rebranded to Mopar and then charge 3 times the price for it. You're FAR better off buying a BDS kit (that will cover warranty issues denied by the dealership) and having a shop install it. Or install it yourself if you have the ability. You'll end up with a better setup for less money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My main concern is my power train warrenty. will other companies cover my power train if everything goes to hell after I install the lift?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
In order for the dealer to deny a warranty claim, they will have to provide proof that the installed lift caused the malfunction. If they cannot show where/how the lift caused damage, they must honor the warranty.

At any rate, it doesn't sound like the dealer you spoke to wants to install a lift and they would probably attempt to deny a warranty claim as well. It would be far less hassle to find a new dealer that is modification friendly AND find a shop to install another brand of lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts