DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Im trying to get either a leveling kit or a body lift installed in my 08 ram 1500 and have been struggling to find a place in Jersey to do it. Everyone wants to charge $1000 and up not including parts. That seems outrageous to me! Anyone get one installed in the north Jersey area for a decent price? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Yea that is an expensive install. The leveling kit is very straight forward to install. That should only take about 2hrs to install. I would say the most you should be paying is like $300 or something. A body lift take a lot more time and I can see the $1000 for that. Your looking at a whole day to install a body lift.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea level kit should be no more then 300, a full suspension lift shouldn't be more then 700. The body lift involves welding, that's why its going to be more. Im in PA and my local shop will do a body lift for 600 on a ram, 250 for level. I did my lift level kit myself, it's easy if you have air tools, I did mine front and back in like 4 hours with no help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im thinking of leveling my 08 ram how was the install? I heard on leveling the front end some people had problems either with the control arms or joints?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The install is easy, hardest part for me was getting the tie rod ends out, I had to put a jack under the control arm to get it to the right spot to pop em out and same with the lower strut mount bolt, it takes a bit of persuasion. The nut came right off but the bolt wouldn't move so i cranked up my impact gun and spun it while pushing it out from the other side. I would say unless you have an air ratchet and impact gun then have a shop do it, but it could probably be done with hand tools but u will be breaking ur arms. I would personaly go with lift struts, that's what I'm doing. When u use the strut spacer u limit ur suspension travel due to the bumpstops. But I haven't had any problems yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts