DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my truck back this morning after having a 6' ProComp lift installed. As well as 20' BMF S.O.T.A. wheels and 35' Mickey Thompson MTZ's. It still rides great and looks pretty mean in my opinion =] I was pretty nervous at first but I'm extremely happy with the results!

Attachments

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The entire package ran me just over 5k. That incuded wheels, tires, lift, install, and alignment. The BMF wheels were kinda pricey but Id rather spend more and be completely happy.

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
That's really not too bad considering....some people spend 4k on just a lift...

Looks REALLY mean. Is it 4wd?

Man a lot of people from PGH, where are you at? I grew up in USC.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's 4wd. The roads get way too bad during the winters to have a 2wd truck in my opinion. I'm about 45min east of Pittsburgh in the middle of farm country. So our roads are the very last to get plowed and/or salted lol.

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
Gotcha. So what are you around Blairsville? It's amazing how much better the roads are down here in Florida without the freeze-thaw cycles. It's like riding on air lol.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just outside of Monroeville actually. Apollo/Washington Township area if your familiar. I graduated from Kiski Area. But wish I was in Florida haha. Must be nice without the endless hills and potholes.

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
Gotcha I am familiar with Monroeville. Haha the roads are nice here, but are not fun/exciting, especially on the motorcycle. It's all a grid. Every time I visit Pittsburgh and get in the car it takes a good 15 miles before I don't feel like I'm going to die(fear of not stopping going down a hill or losing traction and going off a cliff in a curve). lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
truck looks great...love the wheels

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Looks freaking sweet!! Did you do the lift yourself!? Lovin the black and white!!

You did get a pretty good deal to boot as well!

You have any measurements from the ground to your fenders!?!?

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the feedback everyone! And I didnt do this one myself. I felt like it would be more than I could manage. Ive never messed with a suspension before. Plus I work seven days a week and don't have another vehicle readily available. I don't have a measurement from the fenders right now but I'll measure it tomorrow. I do know it's kinda difficult to hop up in there with my work jeans on lol.

·
Registered
573 Posts
That looks BADASS!

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love it! you have amazing taste in wheels my good forum member XD
Haha thanks! I have to admit I was pretty damn nervous though. The shop I went through had to special order the wheels which took almost 4 weeks, and there was no returns on special orders. I literally searched for hours and still had no idea how they would look on a RAM. Or any white truck for that matter. I ended up using photoshop to at least get a rough idea.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts