DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 for about six months now and I love it. its is completely stock, I get great milage and it has all the power I need for my regular day. My only complaint would be the kinda Towny look the truck has from the front. It certainly doesn't look like it would be happy off road with the low bumper Now like the title says I'm thinking about lifting my truck 3-4" I also would like to put sum larger tiers on her. Also I am planing on putting a iron bull front bumper on it.

I am really curious if I will see any serious power loss or mpg drop with the lift. If anyone has any has had any experience with lifting the new v6 I'd love to hear from you all feedback is appreachated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I have had my ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 for about six months now and I love it. its is completely stock, I get great milage and it has all the power I need for my regular day. My only complaint would be the kinda Towny look the truck has from the front. It certainly doesn't look like it would be happy off road with the low bumper Now like the title says I'm thinking about lifting my truck 3-4" I also would like to put sum larger tiers on her. Also I am planing on putting a iron bull front bumper on it.

I am really curious if I will see any serious power loss or mpg drop with the lift. If anyone has any has had any experience with lifting the new v6 I'd love to hear from you all feedback is appreachated.
Firstly what gears does your truck have? Stock 17 or 20s?

My truck is a 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab, with the the 3.21 gears and came with the stock 17" wheels. I added a laundry list to my truck, the heaviest of which being ranch hand front and rear bumpers and the headache rack. I have the Bilistien 5100s in the front, set at 2.1" off lift, with 275/70/R18 BFG Rugged Terrains. So far no real noticeable loss of power, however the field economy had dropped around 1 mpg overall. I had a less resistant exhaust on it, however couldn't deal with the drone, so its back to stock. Truck does feel better with stock exhaust in terms of low end torque.

Added some photos below. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not positive but I believe its the 3.21 and it came on 17s.
Thank you for your response I'm glad to hear the losses weren't to bad.
I'm really looking forward to doing some work on my truck. Hopefully it won't be to long before I can get a start.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quad cab 4x4, 3.21's, Bilsteins @ 2.1, 285/70 17's. No noticeable power loss, MPG went from 21-22 to 18.5 hand calculated and corrected for tire difference. I've only done one hand calc since the lift/tires. I've started trying to not use cruise in hilly areas since mine likes to downshift and rev up to 4-5k on some inclines. Went from low 17's to high 18's on the EVIC, working on getting a hand calculation to back it up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts