DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lifts that won't void factory warranty?

31728 12
Hey guys im new here to the forum just picked up a 2012 cc sport 4x4, I was wondering what kind of lift i could put on my truck without voiding the factory drivetrain warranty, Thanks in advance for any advice.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,406 Posts
Well there is much debate on this topic.
My take is this:
If you buy the Mopar lift, which I believe is a Superlift, you will keep your warranty intact.
You can go up to 2.5" lift without voiding anything. (from what I hear)
It also seems to depend on your service department. Some balk and some don't care.
They cannot void a warranted part that cannot be proven to have failed due to the specific modification you made. Therefore, Big tires and a failed wheel bearing could be cause to not warranty the bearing. -for example.

I plan on putting the KORE leveling springs and shocks on the front end and I have air bags and bilsteins on the rear. I dont think they can fault me for much.

If you put on a 6" lift and 37" tires, I would be worried that they could blame the tire mass for a lot of issues. I would hate to have a transmission issue and have them say it was due to tire mass. I dont know, but it's a gray area and I wouldn't want to have to fight the issue.
So it's a little gamble. I would talk to the service manager at your dealership you intend to use and see what their position is.

· Registered
1,406 Posts
I thought the Mopar lift was your only lift guaranteed not to void it?? I would really like to know for sure on this one as I was considering going that route for that very reason...

But if you lift your truck and they can show that the lift was the cause of another failure, they may try not to cover it. Big tires and Wheel bearings are a perfect example.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.