DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought a second hand set of there projector headlights with hid installed, and im not kidding when i say my stock lows are brighter, could it be a aiming issue? If so how do you aim these lights on the 09s Rams......Also could it be crappy hids??? I dont know what "k" the lights are but if there 4600k could that be the issue and there not bright enough, should i try 8k????

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
The k is really for the color output. 4600 are more yellow and then it goes white at 6000 and then towards the blue/purple the higher temps or K. I've read other comments on bad projectors and not all are created equal. Try aiming them as projector lamps have a distinct cut-off. The aiming tabs are under the wheel well access panels.

Good luck with them.

E

·
0 Posts
I agree with ^^^^ that and also you may have some low K HID bulbs. If your truck came stock with the HID headlights, they are 4300K and that's not real bright. I have 6000K HID's on my truck and 8,000K HID's on the SRT and of the two, I like the 8000 best.

Good luck!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea what K the hids are in the projectors I am asking the guy i got them from what he ordered, will try aiming tonight to see what i can do

·
Registered
121 Posts
i got rid of mine for the same reason some of those cheap ones, not saying yours are, mine were, they were terrible. the projector itself was plastic not glass and from what i had read it was not as good as the glass ones...I tried 3 diffrent hids and aiming all over the place...hope you get thing sorted out

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i will try throwing in some diff HIDs and see what happens , all else fails i will get mine retro with dual projectors if I can. Everyone said these are the same as recon, and if they are I would shoot myself for paying that kind of money for this little improvement. The halos are very cool tho lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
I found that 4300k is plenty bright, but it also depends on what set you go with. Most OEM HIDs that come on vehicles today are 4300k. But if you go with a cheap set that claims to be 4300k, you may not get the same output or real color temperature as a OEM set. I had 4300k on my old truck, and they looked just like OEM color.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Aftermarket HID headlights, NOT RETRO FIT's, in my own opinion are complete junk! They use plastic lenses like what was stated earlier. You have your light array all over the place and not spread evenly over your viewing spectrum.

You can buy a complete retro fit for your pickup for less then these aftermarket hid head lamp housings and thats including the HID's and projectors.

Yes you will have to do some work yourself but in the end I couldn't be happier.

Here is what I did and the light is FREAKING awesome!!!

Yes they aren't clean but you can see what I am talking about!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts