DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is a duplicate thread that has already been answered please point me in the right direction. I've combed through a handful of threads, but haven't found one that addresses this specific problem.

There's a lot of people that say their heated seat light will come on for a few seconds, or flash, and then turn off, and most have pointed to a failed heating element as the culprit.

My heated seat light will turn on and stay lit, but the seat does not warm up at all. I've tried leaving it on for up to 10 minutes on several occasions and absolutely nothing happens, and light stays solid as normal. I have to push it twice for it to go off. Once for low setting, and second to go off.

I'm wondering if this can help me diagnose between the heating element or control module. I've checked the fuse and it's intact. Driver's heated seat works fine, it's just the passenger that has this problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
That does sound like a passenger problem indeed :p
I think I would start at the heat pad as well, might be super obvious once you inspect it. Hope somebody with a little more insight then I chimes in, Oh and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Lol, right?!

I'm planning to open up the seat this weekend, and hoping that will shed some light on the issue. I'll update if I find anything!

·
Super Moderator
34,694 Posts
There have been a couple posts about broken wiring in the seat pad. I don't have heated seats so I have no first hand experience

·
Registered
194 Posts
No heated seats here either thunder haha, but from what I have seen some of them look pretty burnt when they have failed. Sketchy stuff haha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2014 does the same. Light comes on but absolutely no heat from driver or passenger side. Tried swapping out the heated seat module with my girls 14 Durango heated seat module and no change. Lights come on as normal but no heat. Anyone figured this out yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If this is a duplicate thread that has already been answered please point me in the right direction. I've combed through a handful of threads, but haven't found one that addresses this specific problem.

There's a lot of people that say their heated seat light will come on for a few seconds, or flash, and then turn off, and most have pointed to a failed heating element as the culprit.

My heated seat light will turn on and stay lit, but the seat does not warm up at all. I've tried leaving it on for up to 10 minutes on several occasions and absolutely nothing happens, and light stays solid as normal. I have to push it twice for it to go off. Once for low setting, and second to go off.

I'm wondering if this can help me diagnose between the heating element or control module. I've checked the fuse and it's intact. Driver's heated seat works fine, it's just the passenger that has this problem.

Thanks!
Any luck finding a solution? I have the same issue

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven't found a fix yet. And I don't want to take it to our dealer. They have the worst service department, probably in the nation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I took it to a shop who diagnosed it and best they could find without going nuts with it and my wallet was the seat control module. They observed some abnormal voltages coming out of it.
As I stated before I tried swapping it with a 2014 durango seat control module but it made no difference. However, I went onto Rockauto and a couple other parts sites and they have different part numbers for the durango and the Ram. The 14 durango part works on a 15 and up ram and the one I ordered worked on 13-14 year Rams. Part should be in tomorrow. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I got the new part in, installed it annnnnd.... Nothing worked. The part number on my original module is non existant according to google and about a thousand part sites I tired. Original Part number is 68217265AA

·
Registered
31 Posts
ended up tracking down an exact match for the one that came out of my truck, put it in and everything works as it should. Minus the heat from the front seats. So same problem as before. Tried unhooking the harnesses under the seat and plugging them back in, no difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ended up pulling the seat cover up from the front a little bit on the drivers side today, and getting a look at the air cushion/ heat pad. Ended up finding that if you turn the seat heater on and flex the pad around you can see arcs of electricity. I'm 99% sure that that is my problem now. Why my switch didnt flash like everyone else, I have no clue. But a new pad is $200. Part number I need is 4610125AC. Original was 4610125AB. I'd bet money that if I changed that pad out it would start working. I hope this helps anyone else out there who may have thrown money away like I did to find the problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ended up installing an aftermarket set of seat warmers. tied them into the 2 cigarette outlets. took about 2 hrs. easy peasy. nice warm butt now

·
Registered
1 Posts
im looking to get a ram3500 oO this heat pad issue seems to be with FCA since 10 years ago oO...... why FCA not change the supplier.

i have never had a failed heat pad in japanese car for last 5 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 2017 Ram 5500 Laramie. Dealer has exhausted all efforts to fix heated seat staying on until restart. Going after Mfg. Last blow was right when Covid hit. It is not a problem dealer can fix per dealer. Mfg is aware of problem. Replaced and updated everything possible. Hooked to their system to remote diagnose etc 3x. Reset w restart sometimes.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Have a 2017 Ram 5500 Laramie. Dealer has exhausted all efforts to fix heated seat staying on until restart. Going after Mfg. Last blow was right when Covid hit. It is not a problem dealer can fix per dealer. Mfg is aware of problem. Replaced and updated everything possible. Hooked to their system to remote diagnose etc 3x. Reset w restart sometimes.
I sincerely apologize for your trouble, @JeffOH. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message to provide additional details of your situation so that we may look into this further to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 18 of 18 Posts