DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first of the lighting mods are working their way in. I received my Super Bright Lights and my HID fogs in the mail today. I installed my maps, dome and bed lights. Schweet.

The only issue so far is the bed lights act odd. They come on and all. But when I close everything down they stay half lit. A min or two later they go out totally. When running in neutral they stay on half way. Not sure if they go out when I put it in gear. I know I read about this so I will do some searching for the fix. I will post pictures when I have everything working properly.

As for the HID fogs. I picked up some 10K fogs from www.xtremehids.com. Seeing as I have a 2012 I snatched their relay harness. I have to say that so far they were quick to take and fulfill my order, however, they have not been quick to respond to email questions.

Seeing as I got home late I did not have a chance to do much with the fogs. I did however take some pictures of what I received from xtreem. The package looks good. I picked up the regular AC ballast and not the slim. I was reading that the slims might not last as long as the regular and there will not be an issues hiding them in the free space in the front end. And they are cheaper. The ballast appears to be chromed on both sides. As you can see in the picture one of the sides is protected by blue plastic.

If weather permits I will install them tomorrow.

mikeski

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The install was not bad. The package came with the extensions seen in the original pictures and the lights had an extra cable of similar length. I used three of them to get the cables to run nicely. I was able to mount the relay on the battery trey. There is a hole in it that worked perfectly.

mfkadz

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Looks good man, are you gonna to HID lows as well?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi SS, I am leaning that way. I am thinking 6k for the headlights. I would like to find a picture of a truck with 6k lows and 10k fogs to see how it looks. With the blue truck I really like the blue fogs. I could go to 12k's I think.

I have the 4 bulb headlights so just doing the lows is feisable. How does it look with normal brights and hid lows???

Mikeski

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I swapped my hi/low/fog bulbs all out at the same time for 10K 55W HIDs so I dont know.... I will tell you though when people are being douches and are riding with their high beams on all the time my high beams are like unleashing the sun to the face and they shut theirs off rather quickly

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put 35's in the fogs. After the drive home from the canes hockey game tonight I will be seeing where I can come up with the cash for the 55's for the main lights. I'm guessing I will be making time to post some stuff on the bay to start working on generating the cash for those.

No problem with the 55's in the fog lights? I'm fine with the 35's in there. Just thought I would ask.

And while I am acquiring my funds I can see how these hold up. The price was good and the units appear ok to me. Connector quality is good. Oh, i did have to change out the ground connector. It was to small for the ground terminal. Not a big deal. The crimps should hold. hahahahhaa. Naaa, I soldered it ;-). I been playing with trons for to long to not solder it on. I am on the backside of the curve with my knowledge of HID and LED lighting.

mikeski

1 - 6 of 6 Posts