DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install some new accessorys under the hood (Thundergrill grill LEDs and windshield washer lights) Any advise on hooking it up. I was going to splice into one headlight power wire. Will that dim one light? Should I divide the draw and splice into both headlights evenly. What should I use for a nice clean job? A terminal block and grounding block? any other suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What I did

given a 97 to a 2010 is a big jump i had problems with the lighting drawing to much power so i used a 12v relay that i picked up at grainger wich you can get at any electrical supply store. connect the coil of your relay to a switch that you can turn on and off or an empty fuse holder that goes on and off with the ignition and use a terminal strip coming off directly off the battery and from the terminal strip to the relay and then off the relay with an inline fuse and straight to what you want to install i strongly recommend allen bradley relays it works for me hope this is some help for you

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
given a 97 to a 2010 is a big jump i had problems with the lighting drawing to much power so i used a 12v relay that i picked up at grainger wich you can get at any electrical supply store. connect the coil of your relay to a switch that you can turn on and off or an empty fuse holder that goes on and off with the ignition and use a terminal strip coming off directly off the battery and from the terminal strip to the relay and then off the relay with an inline fuse and straight to what you want to install i strongly recommend allen bradley relays it works for me hope this is some help for you
Yes - Use a relay (& a new switch) and run a new power circuit from the battery. Don't splice in a bunch of stuff to the head lamp circuit. There are enough funny little nuances with our lights to deal with without adding things to the circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts