DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Dodge Ram 1500, v6, 109,000 miles. While driving under any condition the rear end or wheels or whatever starts to chatter like riding on minio rumble strips. The chatter stops when I release the gas.
can drive for one mile or five then starts again and sometimes stops on it's own. Differential has been cleaned and refilled, trans has been flushed and filter changed. All wheels tight, proper lug nuts installed, bearings checked and tires balanced. Dodge dealer wants $100 to diagnose with no guarantees they will find the problem. Any help here? Am a new member so I don't know if this equals a previous post so direct me please.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Hi, and thanks for joining the RamforumZ. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other members and give you a proper how-do-ya-do.

You've got something afoul in your rear end. A tight pinion gear, a bent axle. Something in binding back there. Do you have a limited slip diff? If so, did you put the LSD oil in?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Did they check the U joint's. Sometimes they will vibrate at speed and stop when you let off and slow down or get above a certain speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts