DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my new Limited with Level 1 Yesterday. I see how Siri works to send a text message, but can the display receive and read them to me? I don't see how. It seems unsafe to have to look at my phone to see new text messages. It's hard to fathom that UConnect 4.0 cant read back texts.

My 2017 could do it.

I have an iPhone 6, updated to 11.4.

Thanks Frank

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got my new Limited with Level 1 Yesterday. I see how Siri works to send a text message but can the display receive and read them to me? I don't see how. It seems unsafe to have to look at my phone to see new text messages. It's hard to fathom that UConnect 4.0 cant read back texts.

My 2017 could do it.

I have an iPhone 6, updated to 11.4.

Thanks Frank
Apple CarPlay only works with the phone plugged in. Then your texts will be read to you (and you can voice "write" your texts back). But it does not work without being tethered to the truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Uconnect system does display your messages and will read back to you. You can reply by long pressing the voice command button to get Siri

·
Registered
247 Posts
Its a shame I don't have my truck yet, but have the owners manual and have read it 1000 times. Here ya go. Seems, uconnect won't reply with iPhones......but the long press works (like Zig stated). Truthfully, I use Siri for everything...even though my GMC reads me the texts, I just say "hey siri, read text" "hey siri, text wife"

Voice Text Reply
Uconnect announces incoming text messages. Push the
Phone button and say “ Listen.” (Must have compatible
mobile phone paired to Uconnect system.)
1. Once an incoming text message is read to you, push the
Phone button . After the beep, say: “ Reply.”
2. Listen to the Uconnect prompts. After the beep, repeat
one of the pre-defined messages and follow the system
prompts.

TIP: Voice Text Reply is not compatible with iPhone, but if
your vehicle is equipped with Siri Eyes Free, you can use
your voice to send a text message.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You have two options like most people have mentioned, there is the car play option where Siri will read it to you etc and you’ll have to reply via Siri.

2nd option is Straight Bluetooth connection that will pop up an alert when you receive a text message as well. You will have two options “boxes” to push, listen or view. View is only available when you are stopped.

The Key for Bluetooth to work is that On your iPhone you need to go to Settings:Bluetooth and click on your Uconnect for the Ram and make sure “show notifications “ is turned on. By default it is off... usually after a restart of the truck/system those Bluetooth alerts will start popping up on the screen.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have two options like most people have mentioned, there is the car play option where Siri will read it to you etc and you’ll have to reply via Siri.

2nd option is Straight Bluetooth connection that will pop up an alert when you receive a text message as well. You will have two options “boxes” to push, listen or view. View is only available when you are stopped.

The Key for Bluetooth to work is that On your iPhone you need to go to Settings:Bluetooth and click on your Uconnect for the Ram and make sure “show notifications “ is turned on. By default it is off... usually after a restart of the truck/system those Bluetooth alerts will start popping up on the screen.
Bingo. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts