DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a list of popular Accessories / Modifications that won't void my warranty? I have a new 2011 Big Horn and I have the itch to make this into a bad ass truck. My first mod was a skull cigarette lighter. :smileup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
mods i know of that havnt effected my warrenty so far are a [email protected] air filter and custom exaust, if you like the growl sound i put a cherrybomb pro on mine and had the resonators removed, sounds awsome

·
Registered
709 Posts
Mods wont void your warranty unless the dealer can prove the mod caused a failure. Theres a law called Magnason/ Moss act that protects you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone have a list of popular Accessories / Modifications that won't void my warranty? I have a new 2011 Big Horn and I have the itch to make this into a bad ass truck. My first mod was a skull cigarette lighter. :smileup:
i beleave i have the same lighter lol, advanced auto had it 10$, couldnt pass it up :)

E

·
0 Posts
Any mod can void a warranty on an OEM part or system if the mod damaged that part or system. But they cannot blanket void your warranty for any mod.

Let's say that you install a billet antenna and your transmission blows up. We know the antenna didn't cause the failure and CJD cannot void your powertrain warranty.

Or, let's say you install a turbocharger on your HEMI and it blows sky high. That definitely voided your powertrain warranty.

Basically, the Magnusson-Moss Act defines the rights of the seller and buyer with respects to warranty terms.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I checked with my dealer and he said that skull lighter will void your warranty lol

As far as mods its hit and miss a dealer can be anal about any mod as far as exhaust you could put headers on it does that void it no blow up your engine abd they can try to blame them. Its touchy feely

1 - 14 of 14 Posts