DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I need to put lockers in my 2011 5.9 1500. I can't find anything on the internet so I call the dealer and they can't help.

The dealer did say, based on the VIN, that it had a 235 mm Corporate Rear End. I can't find anything about the Corporate Rear End either.

Can someone help out a 40 year Jeep Guy / New Dodge Guy?

Where can I find a Lockers for this thing?

Thanks

·
Banned
496 Posts
try searching for the 2009-2010 models as well, they would fit. Also its a 5.7, search might not turn up results if you put 5.9 in

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
try searching for the 2009-2010 models as well, they would fit. Also its a 5.7, search might not turn up results if you put 5.9 in
The '09-10 models still use the older 9.25 corporate rear end. 2011 is the first year of the 235 corporate diff so it's a new animal to me as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any idea where to get a locker for this rear end and front diff too.

Sorry I'm so late getting back but I work a lot and don't get to gab much.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input. It appears that due to the 235 Corporate differentials no one knows about lockers for this truck.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Good luck finding an LSD or full locker for a Front 1500 Diff

I inquired with my ARB supplier and he said there likely wont be anything
from them or any other LSD manufacturer because of the light weight aluminum housing up front on the 1500's

Should have bought a 2500 (Solid Front Axle) if you want to lock the Front up. ;)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
The '09-10 models still use the older 9.25 corporate rear end. 2011 is the first year of the 235 corporate diff so it's a new animal to me as well.

Sounds to me like the Dealers listing is a simple metric conversion, not a whole new axle from Corporate

235 mm = 9.251968" rounded off = 9.25" :doh:

After a quick visual inspection on a dealers lot, the 2011 rear looks identical to my 2010.

Someone should talk to a tech thats had them both open and worked on them,
or maybe there are different part numbers at the parts department. ;)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My understanding was that over the years for some reason it is referred to as the 235mm and although it has remained roughly the same for years some minor changes mean some guys refer to one as a 235 and one as the 9.25 I could be wrong but thats just what ive always heard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WORK, WORK, WORK so I don't get to spend much time on here. Thanks again for the interest in my inquiry. I appreciate the input. I guess I will look into buy a whole new rear end. That may be the answer.

Sorry about the delay in responding but working (thankfully I am) keeps me away from my computer.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Factory Locker

The local Dodge Dealer is gong to install a new Chunk will limited slip for $925.00 and it will not void the warranty.

Thanks again for all the interest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts