DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to know if anyone else out there has installed the CHR550 lockpick on their 2012 RHR radio and is having this issue:

When I am in Ipod Out mode, the steering wheel controls on the left side do not function as expected. I am able to scroll up and down menu’s, select a menu item, select a track, but when a song is playing i am unable to skip ahead to the next track. This does work though when I am in Ipod MNL mode, i get the ability to skip tracks during playback fine in both Ipod operation and Pandora operation. I have tried tapping the up and down, Holding center (select) button and tapping up/down, Holding up/down and tapping select button, Nothing. Does not function during song playback.

I have been in touch with Coastal Etech engineering and they cant seem to find a reason for this but they are fairly confident it is a software issue and not hardware related. They are working on it to see what can be done.

They have said I am the first one to report this issue, so I would like to know if anyone has found this same issue. If so I would encourage communication with Coastal Etech so that they realize itis not an isolated incident.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm sorry, but I must laugh at the "ihey have said I am the first one to report this issue" So far that seems to be their canned response to any issues. (search around on Google and see for yourself)

I had a lot of problems with my '12 430N RHB w/ uConnect with the lockpick. During iPod playback, a) the first few seconds of the song would be choppy and cut out b) the song titles/info loaded very slow c) It would spuriously switch back to radio mode for no rhyme or reason...

I was told that perhaps my wiring harness is messed up, but confirmed all the wiring... I'm sending mine back for a replacement to confirm.

Good luck with your issue. I do have to admit though, they have been responsive... just unwilling to accept that there may be issues.

I'd like to hear others responses as well...

Oh yeah, I have the v4 lockpick w/ 1.2z rev software. :doh:

I would like to know if anyone else out there has installed the CHR550 lockpick on their 2012 RHR radio and is having this issue:

When I am in Ipod Out mode, the steering wheel controls on the left side do not function as expected. I am able to scroll up and down menu’s, select a menu item, select a track, but when a song is playing i am unable to skip ahead to the next track. This does work though when I am in Ipod MNL mode, i get the ability to skip tracks during playback fine in both Ipod operation and Pandora operation. I have tried tapping the up and down, Holding center (select) button and tapping up/down, Holding up/down and tapping select button, Nothing. Does not function during song playback.

I have been in touch with Coastal Etech engineering and they cant seem to find a reason for this but they are fairly confident it is a software issue and not hardware related. They are working on it to see what can be done.

They have said I am the first one to report this issue, so I would like to know if anyone has found this same issue. If so I would encourage communication with Coastal Etech so that they realize itis not an isolated incident.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts