DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed Lockpick V4 and works great. The connectors are exactly the same quality as the OEM connectors and it was a breeze of an install once I found out where the hidden screws for the bezel were located. I have to admit that if you have a center console, it's a pain in the arse to remove the chrome trim around the shifter.

Beware the photo below contains graphic content and may not be suitable for Longhorn owners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That purchase is in my near future..if you have the back up camera did the video quality go down with the lockpick?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That purchase is in my near future..if you have the back up camera did the video quality go down with the lockpick?
Nothing changed as far as video quality. It's the same crappy quality as it was from the beginning.

You know, I think they intentionally angled the camera down to see the bumper so that it would make it easy to hook up a trailer. I tried using it to hook my my RV and didn't help at all because it's so blurry. I hooked up my iBall hitch camera and was able to hook up the RV dead on. I have to admit that having blurry video is better than nothing. It helps backing out of parking spaces. The rear view is near to none with the CQ, the bed sitting high up, and the back seat head rests.

·
Banned
437 Posts
I just installed mine along with the Bar-Cam that Lockpick sells. I didn't have the OEM cam, so no idea if mine is better or worse, but it is definitely very handy with how high my CC sits in the rear and the many blindspots it has. I covered the install in a thread in the Custom Audio subforum with lots of pics.:smileup:

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Yeah thanks for the warning, LOL I don't think I would attempt that so Congrats.....Hope everything worked out.....Keep us updated and post some more pics if you have them......

·
Banned
437 Posts
Dude, it is actually a lot easier than it looks. Total plug-and-play. I wasintimidate to start tearing a brand new truck dash apart, but there were only 5 screws to take out and the rest you just pry off gently. Couldn't believe how easy it was until I did it. It took longer just to run the wires under the truck and into the cab.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll take back my reply to your question. I actually used the backup camera a lot today and it was 100% more clear. It was my wife that noticed it first. It's almost like it went into focus and everything is sharp now. Not sure if it was the Lockpick that did it, or one of the connector's pins wasn't making good contact.

I love the fact that now everyone can watch a DVD....except for me of course. We watched Puss in Boots with my 4 year old since we took a long drive and the surround sound was awesome. A round of Leche for everyone.:i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah thanks for the warning, LOL I don't think I would attempt that so Congrats.....Hope everything worked out.....Keep us updated and post some more pics if you have them......
It's easier than you think. The hardest part was making sure nothing got scratched. Well worth the upgrade. I think the next upgrade will be a front camera that turns on automatically when you go slow.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Nothing changed as far as video quality. It's the same crappy quality as it was from the beginning.

You know, I think they intentionally angled the camera down to see the bumper so that it would make it easy to hook up a trailer. I tried using it to hook my my RV and didn't help at all because it's so blurry. I hooked up my iBall hitch camera and was able to hook up the RV dead on. I have to admit that having blurry video is better than nothing. It helps backing out of parking spaces. The rear view is near to none with the CQ, the bed sitting high up, and the back seat head rests.
Wondering -- did you check to be sure that there is not a protective film on the camera "lens" ? That would result in a blurry image....that, or the "lens" has smudges or crud on it maybe? Its the same tech as used in cell phone cameras and they are pretty clear quality......

·
Registered
13 Posts
is there a difference between Lockpick and Allgig?

I have the backup cam, Nav and all that. I just wanted to know which one was better, any differences, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts