DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a family of 6 so I need the bench seat in the front, so I thought I was maxed out with a Laramie.

I prefer the Longhorn or Limited, but didn't think it was an option with the bench seat until the salesperson I've been working with at the dealer tells me it is possible to order a Longhorn with a bench in the front.

Has anyone else heard of this possibility?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have a coworker that wanted to get a Ram with a leather front bench and was told that is not an option. He found a 2012 with that but was told the 2013 and 2014 it was not an option

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a family of 6 so I need the bench seat in the front, so I thought I was maxed out with a Laramie.

I prefer the Longhorn or Limited, but didn't think it was an option with the bench seat until the salesperson I've been working with at the dealer tells me it is possible to order a Longhorn with a bench in the front.

Despite what your salesman may tell you, I'm sorry to say you CANNOT order a Longhorn or Limited with a front bench (it ONLY comes in Bucket seats). Laramie is as top-end as you can get with a Front Bench.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts

This is the first that I have heard of this as well....I just called my buddy who owns the dealership and said that the Longhorn or Limited is NOT available....Now with that being said, please let us know how you make out.....

I just hope its not some sales person trying to get you to purchase a truck and then play silly fool once its ordered and arrives...... Either way good luck and please let us know.....

Ed

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. That salesman has yet to call me back, and I'm almost too embarrassed to ask another salesman at the other dealer I'm talking to. I want him to keep in thinking that I know more about the truck than him. ;)

Looks like I'll be ordering a Laramie!

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Thanks. That salesman has yet to call me back, and I'm almost too embarrassed to ask another salesman at the other dealer I'm talking to. I want him to keep in thinking that I know more about the truck than him. ;)

Looks like I'll be ordering a Laramie![/QUOT

No worries. I would go back and let him know that you want to see it on paper and what the cost associated is. Also tell him that you have checked and went online and you could not find anything that indicates that the longhorn comes with that option.

That's just me. No worries about being embarrassed. It may well be an option that is rarely ever ordered but I can't see that. No would use a different sales person. Look around and speak to other people and see who they recommend.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan to order through the salesman I purchased my current truck from. The salesman who told me it was an option to order the Longhorn bench is at a new dealer that opened closer to my house. Don't worry, I'm still working on them both. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts