DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, found a 99 v10 with 96k on it. Guy wants 6500 for it. It needs some front end work, and the o/d off doesnt work. He said a rear u-bolt snapped to which is no big deal. When i drove it the trans shifter fine, except sometimes it seemed like it would downshift from 4th to 3rd around town when not necessary, could that be a band adjustment or something else? Also, the o/d off, could that be something serious or something small like a sensor or a wire. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would be leary of the overdrive off issue, I had a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the overdrive off did not work, and it really turned out to be a stuck valve in the transmission and went to have it serviced and even after they spent two days working on it they could not get it to work without doing a complete rebuild. I had a 98 Ram 2500 V10 and I would say if it has transmission issues just use your discretion as to whether the truck is worth it or not. Weight the risk if you have to put a new transmission in it soon, would it be worth your time and money to fix or just scrap it. Its ultimately your decision, but if it were me I know I'd stay away, or at least take it to a reputable mechanic and have it looked over. Just my 2 cents, hope I could be some help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts