DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just picked up a '08 Dodge Ram and I want to put a shell on it.
I'm looking at the snugtop hi-liner or a cab high model.

Looking for some input about shells and pictures if you have them, seeing them always helps you see what you like/want

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
The reviews I am reading are very positive for winter/snow conditions. The fabric and zippers can get stiff in the winter (as with any Jeep top) but overall it seems to work fine. I think the main selling point for people who bought it is the easy of removal when you don't need it, it can fold up in just minutes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen the softies around, but I want something a little more secure.
I'm going to pay a visit to the local snugtop dealer in the next day or so.

·
Registered
698 Posts
It looks like an A.R.E. I have one on my reg cab/short bed that's white, and that looks like the logo and logo location on mine from that distance. I think ARE, Leer, and Snugtop are pretty darned good quality. I would have picked anyone of them. I just happen to get the best deal on my ARE.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That is an A.R.E. cap. I had one from them on my 03 for 7 years, I never had any problems with it and the Quality was excellent. The interior had a carpet liner and the hardware was good.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I bought an ARE cap for my '07 Ram and loved it... top quality and a great fit. Because I tend to be an idiot sometimes I decided to save a whopping $200 and bought a Raider cap for my '10 Ram and the fit is absolutely horrible. The shop really pushed the Raider caps, and the model they had in the showroom looked really good, but like I said the fit is really bad... in the photo below you can clearly see the gap between the front of the cap and the bed. Avoid them at all costs.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
i had an A.R.E cover on my 06, unfortunately i never took any pics with it on there. it was the most basic one they offered, i believe it was the v series.
it was a real good cover that fit nice and looked great. would definitily recommend them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts