DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it’s been awhile since I last posted on this forum. I previously had a 2014 Ram 1500 regular cab express which I drove for 2 1/2 years until I couldn’t stand not having a back seat any longer. Traded that in for the charger I’m currently in but for the last 2 years I’ve been dying to get back into a Ram especially since I work as a carpenter. I was set on an eco diesel for a long time even had a deposit down on an extremely rare low km longhorn but I didn’t pull the trigger because I had been reading and was aware of reliability Issues. So recently I have been looking at the benefits of the hemi and 8 speed. I know from my previous Ram the hemi is great I never had one issue. The truck I’m interested in is a 2016 sport quad cab with 109000km on it or 67000 miles. It’s a clean truck with a clean history, no rust and no hitch installed so it hasn’t towed just all highway driving most likely. It’s for sale at a good price as well and my goal it to be vehicle payment free by next year or else I would go new. Now I normally wouldn’t think twice but it seems I keep finding thread after thread about hemi tick and failures. Is there anything I should actually be concerned about? How much more efficient is the 8 speed compared to the 6speed I had? I think I am just overthinking but I appreciate any feedback, I know my 2014 was flawless and I put 140000km on it In 2 1/2 years or owning it. Just changed the oil on time every time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow. I'm sad so one has replied to you. However, maybe that's good and there aren't many problems with the 16 Hemi!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I’m on my second Ram and first Charger with the eight speed trannies, and I love them!

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,236 Posts
I believe those Hemi ticks were associated with the old models, like 2013 or so? I never had a problem with my 2017, or the 2019 I am driving, now.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 Hemi Bighorn 4x4
10 Posts
No tick on my 2016...fuel milage I get average 12L/100km....85% of my driving is highway...hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts