DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a set of fender flares to cover the bubbling paint and rust above the wheel wells on my 2007. There are so many choices on the market that I find myself needing the advice of people who've actually installed them.

Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sorry to say, you should repair the rust as much as possible, as soon as you put the flares on without rust repair it will spread past the flares. Just the facts of good ole rust laws of nature...lol If like stated above you are getting rid of the truck, slap on the flares but please let buyer beware !!!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
When I bought my 04 last year, they covered the rear well rust with flares... already the rust is about 2" past the flares....
I plan to grind it all off and bondo everything and since most of the lip is gone anyways I may just bondo the flares in place and paint... give it a sleek look.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
When I bought my 04 last year, they covered the rear well rust with flares... already the rust is about 2" past the flares....
I plan to grind it all off and bondo everything and since most of the lip is gone anyways I may just bondo the flares in place and paint... give it a sleek look.

Rust is like cancer. either you cut it completely out or you just do one chemo after another and it will always come back. Depends on, what you want to do and how far it is- I'd replace the side panel or fender before I would pay a lot of money to cover it up, just to have it come through after another year. Waste of money, if you ask me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought cheap knock-offs from ebay for less than $150 for the same reason. Looking to fix or replace the bed now. The rust migrated past the flares.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts