DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I keep looking through threads, researching peoples items on signatures, asking friends who know more about trucks than I do. I am looking to do more to my truck than I have done, it hasn't been anything crazy since I am no mechanic but I have options. Seeming how every military base has its own auto-hobby shop with lifts and tools galore.

What I've done:
Tinted the Sides and Back window: 27/15%
Plasti-Dip'd all accents, Front Grille, and 20' Wheels
BFG Tire's
Remove'd the Spoiler.. Personal choice.....
Soft-cover Tonneua
K&N FIPK CAI
180 T-Stat
HID Head lights, HID Foghtlights
Nightshade'd Tail Lights and 3rd Brake lights
Level'd the Front End

On the way: Diablosport inTune Tuner and SRT-10 Hood Scoop Insert.

I wish I knew more about the exhaust system as a whole. I know the Daytona comes with a Borla Exhaust however I am still in the process of learning the nitty-gritty of headers,cats, lt's, mufflers, tips, etc.

Anyone have any advice on what I could do? Thanks.
Jimmy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Couple easy things to do that wont break the bank :

Sound system
Throttle body spacer
Off road lights behind the grill ( or where ever )
Ax/Shovel/Hi-lift jack mounts in bed
Flash light/Fire extinguisher mounts in cab
Optima battery

Just a few ideas. You can always start in with lift, upgrading steering components, rims, paint, etc... the options are pretty much endless.

Now whats this Plasti-dip i keep hearing so much about?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i attached two pictures, you can see the wheels and some of the accents. ill take more pictures in the actuall light later haha

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it a spray can or? how durable is it?
I purchase them in spray cans but you can get them in dipping cans also. and it's pretty durable. it hasnt remotely peeled yet and it's been all winter. protects it from the salt roads up here and gives a really good flat black look IMO. but it also peels right off for its a rubber adhesive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I LOVE PLASTI-DIP, that stuff is awesome, it's super durable. You can peel it off with your fingers, yet its so durable it will withstand weather for months at a time.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently painted my badges and tool box but now theyre all scratched up. I'm going to go get some of that stuff today and give it a shot. Is is a auto parts store thing or a hardware store thing?
Never seen it yet at an auto parts store as of yet. I usually get it from Lowe's, like 5-7$ a can

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope! haha. I'm gonna wait a month or two before I get anything new. I feel like buying the new intune tuner is enough for now. I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust but im not exactly sure what or when yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was kinda thinking of putting a bull guard on the front of it, but i feel like people would be soooo confused at the Daytona stripe and a bull guard on the front.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What kit did you use on to level your front end? I have been thinking about doing my Daytona crew cab that way.
2005 Rams came with Torsion Keys, you can simply turn the stock keys 2-3 full turns and it becomes leveled.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I heard that isnt good for the trucks and if you plan on doing that you should buy aftermarket keys. Im i wrong i honestly dont know but thats the only reason why i have not did that myself.
i havent had any problems with mine? but i also got my truck realligned front to back the day after i had it done. whats the point in having torsion keys that you cant use?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i havent had any problems with mine? but i also got my truck realligned front to back the day after i had it done. whats the point in having torsion keys that you cant use?
I honestly dont know. I wasnt trying to snipe, its just what i had heard. Some guys say when you crank your keys to get shock re-alignment brackets or just buy new shocks a few inches longer to. But whats necessary and what is not i do not know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts