DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t find any good information on this. Has anyone tried headlight revolutions hid kit yet? If not the. What are you guys using with the canbus system?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just put Diode Dynamics kit in my 2017 Larimie with projectors, and LED for the FOGS.... very simple install, and huge improvement in lighting. Projects on low beam and the exact same place as the 9005 bulbs.. just brighter

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have just purchased the low and high beam 55W HID kit from HR and it turned up yesterday. Give me a day or so to find the time to get them installed and I'll get back to you in a day or so with my thoughts - their kits are not cheap so I'm gonna have pretty high expectations.

I put some cheap LEDs in the fogs - search for "Viesyled 9006/HB4 LED Fog Lights Bulbs, DOT Approved, Xenon White 6000K, 27 SMD, 3 Yr Warranty (Pack of 2)" on Amazon - they are like $15. Reasonably happy with them but they are a little sloppy in the connector... doubled up the o-rings and it seems to be holding in there fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So... good and bad (but mainly good) regarding HR.

They sent the kits...

The bad: I found them poorly labelled and couldnt see which bulbs were low vs high beam. I had one bulb that didnt fit (correct labelling etc... just wrong bulb... a QA issue) and one dud bulb.

The good: I sent them an email with photo's and explanation and followed up with a call the next day. Fantastic customer service... there was zero screwing around... he went and got new bulbs all round, personally checked them, labelled them clearly on the outside of the box and put them on 2 day shipping. We spoke Wednesday morning west coast time (they are EC)... and the bulbs were there Friday morning.

In terms of how they look - I havent taken a photo yet... can do so if you want... Im very happy with the beam pattern, brightness and colour. I had to adjust the bulbs up a fair amount - so suggest that you do calibrate them (plenty of videos online) that show you @ 25' what the height should be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts