DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
like i mentioned, i am visiting from another forum. nobody seems to have any answer for my question on that form.

i am in the process of shopping for a 2500 diesel. i have always installed my own aftermarket stereo in all the vehicles i have owned, so i was thinking of doing the same in the 2500 ram. however, it looks like the dashs are different from a truck with the based model cd player vs the upgraded touch screen unit.

1. is it possible to install a double din into a 4th gen with base cd player?

2. the main reason i want an double din aftermarket HU is to easily navigate my ipod and to have a dvd player. i would consider going with the OEM head unit if i can hook my ipod up to it and control it from the head unit. is this possible?

3. is the stock HU able to be bypassed so dvds can be played while driving?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I upgraded from the base single cd unit to an upgraded touch screen factory unit and kept the same dash piece.

The upgraded unit was plug and play with everything working including the satellite radio and the blue tooth u connect module that has the I pod connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.