DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall, havent been on here for a LONG time. I've finally saved up some cash for a few mods. Question is, which is more important and what should i invest in?

I have a white 2010 ram 1500 sport, with window tint, PA system, and plasti dipped grille (the grill has held up incredibly well). I also have a 1 1/2 inch leveling kit for the front.
A couple ideas i had in mind were:

Painting wheels black (i dont want to spend all my dough on new black wheels and i like the stock wheels) What is the best way to do this? Where could I take it to be done?

Tonneau covers? Which is yalls favorite? What are yalls opinions.

Exhaust? I have no mods on this, everything is stock. Ive heard bad rumors about chips in general, I kind of want to stay clear of that. Air intakes? What are yalls opinions. A nice deep tone would be nice.

Headlight painting and tail lights? Should I suck it up and try to bake the lights and paint them myself or get a pro to do it? Where would i take them? I also considered the smoked headlight and tailight covers, but I feel like that would attract some attention for the police... :box2: And also, I have noticed the headlights, in my opinion, are not the greatest, and I'm afraid covers would dim them even more.

Basically, I am an anti chrome fanatic :smileup:

Thanks yall, and again this is just so everyone can pitch in some opinions. Pictures are very much appreciated!

·
Registered
209 Posts
if i were you, id do a cai and exhaust first +plus a tune. Itll not only sound a lot better, but it will improve performance and maybe a little mpg. For a cai, get any one you can find that covers the filter the most. Volant seems to be very popular. As for the exhaust, its gonna depend on what you like. They all sound good imo, but theyre not all the same. You can find plenty of sound clips on youtube.

Then id do appearance. Im not much of a fan of chrome either, especially on a white truck. They look good as they are already lol. You can have the rims plastidipped black if you want. Or you can get em powdercoated, but thats a little more pricey AFAIK.

For the tonneau, i dont have one, so im not sure

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look good as they are already lol. You can have the rims plastidipped black if you want. Or you can get em powdercoated, but thats a little more pricey AFAIK.
Is plasti dip the way to go? I plasti dipped my grille the beginning of last summer and it has held up remarkably well. But I was wondering if that is smart to do on wheels.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
PDip on the rims seems to be popular choice on YouTube these days. You can tint the lights yourself for cheap and they come out great! Save your money for the CAI/exhaust/tonneau cover. Zlow28 is right, its a sound thing based on your likes.
I really like the BAK bakflip tonneau as we put one on our SEMA truck this year and it looks great and works really well. What are you going to do with your bed...that might determine which way to go. I can put a combo package together for you with a nice discount since you are a RamZ member, just PM me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.