DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ram 1500 5.7 hemi 4x4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 ram 1500 with a 5.7 hemi, I'm pretty sure since I have a column shifter that it is a 6 speed transmission but can't say for sure. I want to improve my overall power but also keep the option of better fuel economy even with my 33 inch ridge grappler. Looking at tuners everything seems to point to Diablosport, Superchips, and Alphaob. Wich is the best one to use for disabling mds adjusting the computer to accomidate bigger tires change the computer for better gas mileage or power but I can update or add custom tunes to later when I can upgrade my intake, headers and exhaust

·
Registered
2014 ram 1500 5.7 hemi 4x4
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He did say he wanted increased mpg. While 456's increase hole-shot, it sure won't increase fuel mileage.
Yeah. I would love to go fast but untill I get the money to turn my truck into a toy I need to put a lot of thought into what I can do to save more now to spend later haha I even considered making my own cold air intake out of either exhaust pipe I saw at the parts store or plumbing supplies with the spot drilled for my sensors and a K&n style filter on the end just to save me a few hundred dollars haha

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
As has been said many times on here, a cold air intake does nothing more than take your money. The design of the stock intake will give you all the air you need for your vehicle. Adry cleanable air filter is about the only change I would make. The K&N filter has been known to add oil into the air system and dirty sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts