DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at orion hcca, FI Q's, DD's , I am going to use my amp now 1400rms mono amp, only wanting 1 12", in a custom box (not beneath seat) need a really good sub since it will only be one, and I want it to be loud.............Just looking for ideas, anyone tryed alpine type X yet??

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have a alpine s10 and it bangs like you wouldn't believe. i built a custom box and put it under the passenger back seat. work great. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I had a type S and it was a great speaker, imo one of the best bang for your buck subs out there...........Just looking for more

·
Registered
45 Posts
As I mentioned in my thread that you've been helping me out on, those Cerwin Vega VMax subs sounded incredible in my tahoe. It had a ported box setup, can't remember how much air but it was smooth.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Was looking at orion hcca, FI Q's, DD's , I am going to use my amp now 1400rms mono amp, only wanting 1 12", in a custom box (not beneath seat) need a really good sub since it will only be one, and I want it to be loud.............Just looking for ideas, anyone tryed alpine type X yet??
Maybe add Sundown SA-12 to your list. Not sure what kind of amp you have and, more to the point, whether it really is 1400 watts RMS, but I understand that no matter how much you throw at it, the SA-12 will beg for more. That said, in properly sized enclosures, any of the subs you mentioned should light it up.

My bet though is that the Type R will outbang a Type X, although I may be wrong on that. SQ-wise, I would suspect it's a much different story. But you said you want it loud.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I was reading the R is more loud the the X, I am just trying to research, wanting to try something different................... Yeah on the amp, its not a true 1400, according to diyma they over rate, so I am going to shoot for something in the 1k to 1200rms range

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Fi sub. Call them up and tell them what you want. I have heard a single 12 and a single 15 in both ported boxes. They were both in the same car and probably the loudest (highest SPL) systems I have heard. Single or a pair of subs. The only set up I have seen that we're louder consisted of 3 or more subs and was a full custom job. The Fi people are great to talk to and will shoot you straight even if they are not the best option. I was looking into putting 2 of there smaller 12 in a fox box and they flat out told me that it would not sound right and I would be better off with a different sub.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is a Massive Audio Nano amp, I read on another site they had them tested and the one I have ,link++++++ htp://www.massiveaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=16224&cat=281&page=1
Fell a little short on rated rms, it was more 1300 rms, so I know dang well its not the amp, and before this I had a alpine mono 1000rms amp on them and they still sounded like crap, went with the Nano and it sounds way better, but for what I paid for this loaded probox it is a huge let down to say the least...............Anyways these nanos have got really decent reviews with guys running DD's, type Rs, JL etc..........

·
Registered
104 Posts
well, I'm using a Diamond Audio TDX12D2 sub. Basically an old D9 sub in a ported box. I have the original box in my truck temporarily because I have been building a center console box. Since I blew my Diamond audio amp i'm running it off of a Kenwood 7205 and surprisingly enough it still pounds super loud...

Anyways, these subs in the size of ported box I'm using are recommending 900 continuous and if if its smaller or sealed/smaller they can handle around 1200 watts continuous.

Here are some pics of the build.. I will be putting it in this weekend.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The DD subs are great subs and will take all the power you can throw at them. They are probably going to be the brand I go with.
DD's are awesome! I had a pair of 1500 8's in my Vette for a while running 1100 watts to them.. Sounded great, and got pretty loud for 8's!

The Diamond D9's (TDX) are also great subs.. The neo magnet on those keeps the size and weight down a bit. I've run a single 12 and a pair of 10's in 2 of my builds and loved them. Great sound quality and SPL.

Other more exotic options: Morel Ultimo, Hertz Mille, Critical Mass ($$$$$)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts