DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just shopping around for new tires, I have a 2003 RAM 1500 4x4 with 5.7l Hemi. I do use my truck for towing a travel trailer and work which includes approx. 1,000 lbs of weight regularly in my bed. I am replacing Toyo tires which only got about 50,000km of wear and put me in a ditch this weekend after a bit of ice and snow.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
tires

Hey dodgeramgirl I put Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Express,and I was worried at first cause they re so big.but I was surprised they actually are very smooth and quiet.I've had it up to 90 so far and it feels great....best price was at Discount Tire hope this helps:smileup:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
What size are you looking for? Stock? Wider? Taller? Doesn't sound like you need a mud tire so are you interested in a highway tread or an all-terrain? With you hauling and towing on a regular basis I would say a LT tire would be good for you. My two favs are Cooper Zeon LTZ and Nitto Terra Grappler.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Dodgeramgirl, I'm originally from the Collingwood area so I know the road conditions around Barrie in the winter. I always ran BF goodrich A/T's and they were fantastic year round and they stood up well over the long haul. Now that I'm a lot further north I run Nokian winter tires and am putting Dick Cepek Radial FC-II's on for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone!

I appreciate the feedback and I now have a great place to start looking. Too many options out there and it is nice to get some helpful advice from people who drive trucks, especially Dodge! :smileup: Not like there really is any other kind of truck to buy....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts