DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hydroplane yesterday on interstate and my 2015 dodge ram 1500 Laramie eco diesel slid into guard rails. I'm trying to find out what year models would be compatible. The passenger side door has the worst damage but also busted taillight and dented bed below taillight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,611 Posts
The sheet metal on these Rams should all be the same
2009 - 2018 1500s, as well as the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic edition
& the 2010 - 2019 Heavy Duty Rams
The front bumper & grille shapes did change in 2013 on the 1500s

Check out

You can buy a used door for $350
Front doors are all the same size, rear door sizes vary between quad, crew & mega cabs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah the good old SRA's and traction. Imagine that. A good body shop should be able to fix the door skin.
Yes, lol. I work for a RV dealership. My bodyshop guy is gonna do the work for less then insurance claim. I just have to find the parts.
The sheet metal on these Rams should all be the same
2009 - 2018 1500s, as well as the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic edition
& the 2010 - 2019 Heavy Duty Rams
The front bumper & grille shapes did change in 2013 on the 1500s

Check out

You can buy a used door for $350
Front doors are all the same size, rear door sizes vary between quad, crew & mega cabs
Thanks, I'll check them out! People were wanting 600$ for beat up doors on ebay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to
Ah the good old SRA's and traction. Imagine that. A good body shop should be able to fix the door skin.
I'd like to just get a new skin to put on, but been having trouble finding someone that sells them.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Your tires look almost worn out. You should invest in new tires before fixing the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are! That's why I hydroplane. Truck is parked right now. I'm driving my 1988 Toyota land cruiser lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I converted my 2011 to power windows and locks from manual, I bought two doors in perfect shape from the LKQ Pick Your Part in NC for $66 each with a $10 core charge. You may want to check the junk yards. I didn't use the door skins and turned them back in for the core refund. I know this may not be much help and you may have already checked the local scrap yards. If you have to get the doors painted anyway, having the body shop repair the doors as well may not be that much more expensive,

·
Registered
58 Posts
From what I am seeing you door would most likely be toast as it looks as you may have damage / tweaked the side impact bars. also I would assume refinish & paint on a used door would be a lot less than reskin and paint. What you save in door cost will most likely be eaten up in labor skinning, straightening, and reskinning the door. Your front quarter looks refinish able. The rear quarter may require a cut and replace as there is some really sharp folding.
Sorry to see such a nice truck get damaged, glad no one else involved/hurt, and good luck with your repairs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts