DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so the age old dispute is still going on about Magnaflow or Flowmaster :box2:. So anyone with actual facts on which they can base an answer for me. I am looking at two different kits, price is exactly the same. One comes with a MagnaFlow single inlet to dual outlet for the set up (not exactly sure which MagnaFlow exhaust comes with the kit, guess I should find that out eh?) and the other comes with a Flowmaster Super 44 for its set up. I want the best performance enhancing exhaust. In the long run one of these exhaust systems will be paired with an AEM BruteForce intake and performance headers. Thank you much for anyone who can help me out with this decision :LOL:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea my buddy has the Super 44 and it sounds decent, but I want more than just sound out of it. I have been hearing MagnaFlow a lot for them being the better one to go for. Myahaps that will be the one I put on her. We'll see what happens come Wednesday when I order it lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, it's an age-old debate and without an exacting dyno test on every vehicle made, it's hard to qualify. But...looking at it as logically as possible, a straight-through muffler of adequate inner diameter vs. a chambered muffler is probably generally better...generally. People speak of adequate back pressure, and that is required. However, I think most exhaust systems that come on street legal vehicles have more than adequate back pressure in just their exhaust manifolds and piping alone. Either way with chambered or straight-through, there's probably an improvement over OEM mufflers like the one on our trucks. As to the sound, well, that's a very preferential area with no absolute winner.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I think I am going to go with the MagnaFlow. I had a Flowmaster on my 5.2 and it sounded decent, mightif as well try something different this go round. I guess the ultimate question for a decision maker would be which one will work best with PaceSetter long tube headers. I guess if going with the MagnaFlow exhaust though I will also look into a MagnaFlow cat system... might as well go all new and do it right from the beginning heh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts