DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea my buddy has the Super 44 and it sounds decent, but I want more than just sound out of it. I have been hearing MagnaFlow a lot for them being the better one to go for. Myahaps that will be the one I put on her. We'll see what happens come Wednesday when I order it lol

· Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, it's an age-old debate and without an exacting dyno test on every vehicle made, it's hard to qualify. But...looking at it as logically as possible, a straight-through muffler of adequate inner diameter vs. a chambered muffler is probably generally better...generally. People speak of adequate back pressure, and that is required. However, I think most exhaust systems that come on street legal vehicles have more than adequate back pressure in just their exhaust manifolds and piping alone. Either way with chambered or straight-through, there's probably an improvement over OEM mufflers like the one on our trucks. As to the sound, well, that's a very preferential area with no absolute winner.

· Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I think I am going to go with the MagnaFlow. I had a Flowmaster on my 5.2 and it sounded decent, mightif as well try something different this go round. I guess the ultimate question for a decision maker would be which one will work best with PaceSetter long tube headers. I guess if going with the MagnaFlow exhaust though I will also look into a MagnaFlow cat system... might as well go all new and do it right from the beginning heh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.