DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New truck guy here. I have had Challengers but moved to a truck recently.
I want to lower rear to level out. If I go with just springs how will this affect ride quality and/or alignment.
Is it better to get new shocks as well?
What about warranty when doing small rear drop .
Thanks for info in advance

·
Registered
784 Posts
2" rear drop springs can be used with stock shocks, no need to change them. I'd always have the alignment checked after suspension changes, but you just might manage to stay within specs. I've got 2" front, 3" rear drop and no problems with warranty. I'm still running stock shocks and I'm happy with my ride/handling.

·
Registered
47 Posts
rear leveling

i did the mcg in the rear with just a 2" drop and no issues to date, been about a year with them. like the look but now wish i would have done the 2/4 drop for a lower look. but it works well as a truck which i use it for sometimes and i don't have clearance issues etc...getting in or out of steep angles.

·
Registered
789 Posts
should be no changes to alignment with just a rear spring swap...

no need to pay for that

ride quality depends on what springs you get..,
*typically* lowering springs are a bit stiffer..

you could also trim coils off your stock springs to get the drop you want..

+1 stock shocks will be fine

·
Registered
47 Posts
rear lowering

awesome feedback, now i do have question. what shocks is everyone using being either stock or lowered but just the rear lowering? i still do not feel the truck is as good as it could be handling wise, i love the ride stock compared to my 08. thanks

·
Registered
789 Posts
lowering the rear will help the handling some.
as will stiffer springs.

our OE shocks are pretty good..
I like KYB products otherwise - good quality/price point

stock our '09-18 trucks had a rear bar of 16, 18, 20, or 22 mm ;
I upgraded mine from 16 to 22 ..
a 22mm OE bar was only ~70$ from the local dealer
and I added all poly bushings to both front & rear bar..

·
Registered
47 Posts
lowering

already dropped the rear 2", thinking of the hellwig swaybar next. could use a small increase in less body roll but i also think some upgraded shocks are gonna help also...

·
Registered
21 Posts
What is everyone doing about shorter sway bar links and panhard leveling on the 2" drop? I really hate the waggle from not having the panhard level and I'm having issues with my coils moving around and getting out of the coil spring cups.

·
Registered
47 Posts
2"

i haven't had any issues with the rear coming out of the cups, i did buy the pan hard bar from spohn to keep it planted. still have not taken it to be aligned but i also do not show any abnormal tire wear nor the truck tacking odd....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts