DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a track for sale locally and I figured where better to ask for some info on it than on here. I'm looking for some real legitimate advice, folks, so please spare me any bias you might have.

The truck has 106k on the clock, is an automatic 2002 5.9L (gas) 4x4 for $9500. The truck is 10 years old, but looks pretty solid for the year and mileage. Obviously little things will fail here and there on trucks with that sort of mileage but my question is, am I looking at a T-case? are the 5.9Ls weak? What about the transmission?

Also anyone with a similar setup care to share the fuel economy?

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
Is it a quad cab or regular cab? Is it private party or dealer? What condition, still looks fairly new or you can tell it's been beat on?

The 360 is a great engine, it's just underpowered and undertuned in this application. I've heard a lot of bitches about the transmissions though (46RE). Universally agreed upon is mileage is absolute shit (small block + 5000-5300lb truck = shitty mileage). If you are seriously worried about mileage...don't buy a full size truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts