DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so like I said in my welcome post, I have no idea at all in mechanic. Coming from Switzerland and this is my first truck.

So I got my RAM1500 2012 in 2016 with 35k miles, now I have 119k on it. Did classic service, changing tires, brakes, oil changes and some other fluid changes (I need to check). I had some issues with the steering wheel (I guess). On a straight line, the truck moves to the right slightly, and now, I need to turn the wheel a LOT to do easy light turn, this is since a couple of weeks now.

Now with the loss of power, if I have the AC running (on 1, max AC), I need to push really harder on the pedal to get some acceleration. Same on hwy (with or without AC), if I have the speed control on, let's say at 70. the truck with go down to 60 on a slight hill and then change speed and back to 70 at 3500rpm. (the norm is 2000rpm at 70mph). this is new as well.

Would love to know if you have any idea what can be the issue. (i got rear-ended couple of months ago had some exhaust issue, because the repair shop didn't fix it right).

Thanks for the help! And ask for clarification if needed, not sure I use all the correct wording! :4-looney:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The steering thing sounds like it needs an alignment, and you may also want to check for play in the balljoints and tie rods.

Not sure about the loss of power

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer, I will look in that direction. I did use this product for the first time 3 weeks ago: STP® High Mileage Fuel Injector & Carburetor Treatment, not sure if that can be related.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Regarding the power loss, it may be time for a set of spark plugs.
The copper plugs in the 2012 Hemi are good for 30-40K miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts