DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Airbag light has been stuck on since I removed and reinstalled the dash to replace my heater core/ evap/ blend doors....Believe I found the source of my troubles...but, no idea how to fix this..if it were a simpler "straight through" harness and I could easily see where the wires went, then maybe. I dont even know where this wire is supposed to sit in the harness., or how to negotiate the 90 bend once I figure out where it goes.

I tried googling the part # hoping to find an explanatory diagram...all I found were Russian web sites selling the harnesses for 250 ruples.

It's hay fever season, my head is pounding. I'm relieved that I found the issue finally...but ,I'll need a clear head, and direction.

Any tips and tricks greatly appreciated.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I went to a boneyard and found an involuntarily willing donor. It's easier to comprehend this connector when its out of a vehicle and actually in hand. It comes apart in two pieces, making the wires and pins easier to get at...but boy are these pins tiny. I'll play around with the donor tomorrow. The lead I somehow, and inadvertently busted out is the data link line, which is why my scanner couldn't see the ACM at all....and it's supposed to go in the "Pin 3" position. The wiring block does have markings on it (1 & 12) on one side, and (13 & 24) on the reverse side so ensuring you're in the right spot is easy enough.

If I can pull off what I want to, when I get a chance, I'll only open up my connector, and only be splicing in the one lead I broke.
IMG_20210502_235456430.jpg

If anyone ever needs just the outer shell of this connector, its a Daimler part. Part #0485453328 I found it available for under $5 here. I'm sure there's a separate part number on the terminal block..but my eyes aren't letting me focus on it right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Came out easy peasy once I figured where the barb was...do not go in through the holes on the face of the connector.
Lift the tiny comb-like tabs on the side of the pin you want to remove.

In my case, I used a loop of string to pull the tab up, and then used a bent paper clip to push out the pin as I didn't have any wire left sticking out of the harness on my broken lead to pull on.

de-pinning.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One wire splice, and no more air bag light.
Situation resolved. Consider the thread closed.😏

1 - 4 of 4 Posts