DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I have a 2014 crew cab short bed 5.7 with a brand new Myer light weight plow. Truck only has 25,000 miles on it. The steering is electric. No lift kit.

My power steering is acting very badly. It is doing several things. Sometimes my power steering totally goes away and becomes very hard to steer at low speeds then gets somewhat better at speed. It also goes to very hard to steer to easy every quarter of the turn of the steering wheel, so I have to pull hard on the wheel for a quarter of a turn then it turns easy for a quarter of a turn. The truck is still driveable but not safe. I have checked the two yellow fuses at the battery and they tested fine. The wires going to the rack look fine and connectors are nice and tight. The upper steering shaft does have some orange signs of rust at the u-joint that I sprayed some penetrating oil on it and that’s been sitting for a few days.
I would be very thankful for any help I could get to diagnose this would be very appreciated.
Dan

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
25k miles on a 2014? Damn, that’s pretty low millage. My 2014 has a little over 62k on it. I’m not familiar with these electrically controlled steering, but it sounds like you’ve already checked what I would have suggested. Maybe someone more knowledge will chime in and be able to help you out.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
You might want to check this thread out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts