DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2018 Ram 1500 with 40k miles. I immediately purchased the mopar/Chrysler added care plus extended warranty.

I have two issues:
1. The supercharger whine under hard acceleration sounds phenomenal. The only problem is I don’t have a supercharger.
2. The top left of the NAVI screen is delaminating. I thought it was a screen protector when I purchased it because it doesn’t look like a screen usually does when it delaminates.

DESCRIPTION:
1. The truck slightly whines under NORMAL acceleration. Nothing alarming. However, under heavy acceleration, it whines incredibly loud.

The first time I heard it I thought, holy shit, this thing is supercharged. Only to immediately remember that would make it fast. Clearly eliminating that possibility (I’m joking, it’s not actually supercharged).

It sounds EXACTLY like a supercharger whine though. There is absolutely no noise once I’m up to speed, or if accelerating VERY slowly.

E-torque started in 2019 correct?

I’m getting ready to check the transmission fluid level. The next step is the dealer but I’d like to have some idea of what might cause this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts