DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2003 ram quad cab with the 5.7L. After driving it for a couple days, i noticed after the truck sits for a little bit when i start it, it will start up fine and then begin to idle low sometimes even shut off. When i start to back up or put it in drive the idle will continue and has even stalled while in reverse. But when once i get going it will go away.
Someone please help

·
Registered
292 Posts
i just posted about this to help someone else with same problem. when you just purchase a vehicle you dont know its history. best to just give it the proper once over. plugs wires valves fluids. that would be the best place to start. tb cleaning should be in order for one of the cheap places to start along with pcv and egr. and of course the air filter

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so i took it and had it looked at and they replaced an o2 sensor that they said was bad. But when i had first gotten the truck they had to replace one then, and then the next morning when i woke up and left for work the check engine light cam back on during the morning and then went away. This morning (the morning after i got it back) i go to leave for work and the check engine light is on again causing me to believe something took out another sensor. Anyone have any idea as to what could be doing this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts