DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my TC replaced a few weeks ago. I don't recall this vibration with the old TC, I just had the growl. The noise is gone but now on occasion when cruising I get this vibration almost like the truck is in too high of a gear. That feeling you get when you are climbing a hill in a manual trans and need to downshift.

I noticed it most around 40 - 55 mph and about 1000 - 1500 rpm when climbing a hill. It goes away when I give it more gas forcing a shift. I was going to take it in to the dealer. I called them and talked to the service mgr about it. He said they would be glad to take a look and try to replicate the noise.

It seems like some of you may be having the same issues from my searching the threads. Is anyone experiencing this after the TC replacement? I get that its a truck, thought maybe I am overreacting.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Update - Dealer said it needs another TC replacement.
All I can say is: Wow. Chrysler should design and build a "good" torque converter and recall all these damn trucks and replace them all. We paid good money for these things and crap like this keeps happening?

I'm lucky when mine was replaced the whining/growl noise was eliminated, but I still can hear the "Frisbee on pavement" sound on occasion. I say "occasion", because literally, some days it's not so bad, but others, it's annoying. Not annoying enough to go through the same folly with Chrysler I went through when the T/C was replaced. But believe me, if they ever come up with a 100% fix to eliminate noise completely and issue a recall, my Ram will be first in line.

To the OP: Good luck and I hope the 2nd T/C will be correct.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That will be next. I am already searching for an Aftermarket replacement. Its almost embarrasing to have a new truck in the shop this often. All my years of standing behind Dodge Trucks, this is not helping make my case.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That will be next. I am already searching for an Aftermarket replacement. Its almost embarrasing to have a new truck in the shop this often. All my years of standing behind Dodge Trucks, this is not helping make my case.
Yep, I'm with you on this. This is my fourth new Dodge truck in the last 17 years, and this 2011 has been somewhat disappointing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts