DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a used 2014 Dodge ram sport short box regular cab hemi 4×4 for about two years. Just recently at about 80,000 miles it developed a shudder that starts at 29 mph and decreases at about 55 mph. Would come and go at first, steadily became more frequent, and is now constant. Just cleaned the throttle body and test drove , no change. Really got on it and it looks right up and shifts normally so I don't think it's the tranny. It's not throwing any codes out. Was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had a used 2014 Dodge ram sport short box regular cab hemi 4×4 for about two years. Just recently at about 80,000 miles it developed a shudder that starts at 29 mph and decreases at about 55 mph. Would come and go at first, steadily became more frequent, and is now constant. Just cleaned the throttle body and test drove , no change. Really got on it and it looks right up and shifts normally so I don't think it's the tranny. It's not throwing any codes out. Was wondering if anyone else had similar issues.
I have a 2014 4X4 Ram and it developed a shudder at 133,000 miles, I found the tranny is a non-serviceable transmission and Ram said no way to repair it. So after $6,000.00 I have a new transmission with NO help from Ram.
Good luck with your problem.
MOJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2014 4X4 Ram and it developed a shudder at 133,000 miles, I found the tranny is a non-serviceable transmission and Ram said no way to repair it. So after $6,000.00 I have a new transmission with NO help from Ram.
Good luck with your problem.
MOJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a shudder with my 2012 at 60mph . Sounds like it’s in the rear .
Out of balance driveline is what I’m going to delve into .
Found a repair manual a few months ago and a simple hose clamp around the driveline may solve the balance issue . Drive , shudder , rotate clamp , tighten, drive , repeat till shudder goes away to narrow it down . Toss it up on jack stands ..... easier than tooling back to the highway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts