DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

It is 2015 longhorn with NO/air suspension. The vehicle has 150K miles. Front lower control arms’ bushings need to be replaced.
Everything is stock.

Do not know if it’s ok to replace the bushings or the whole LCAs. Someone told me that If I changed the bushings, they’ll go bad after a year or two at the max. Found Moog bushings at “Rockauto.”
If I should change the whole control arm, I foundMoog and Movetech brands and lots of people seems to lean towards Movetech. Is it better than the Mopar one? Will the Movetech one give me another 150K? And which Movetech? There are 3 types.

Thoughts

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
2,385 Posts
On a factory ride height normal road use truck, the OEM aluminum lower arms are robust and most cost effective. If you're pulling the arm off for bushings, my recommendation would be to replace the ball joint and with labor you might as well do an entire arm swap vs pressing out/in new components.

TTX is Mevotech's most extreme ball joint/rigid bushing combo, I run the regular upper arms since the factory stamped OEM uppers are garbage IMO. Good time to get new shock assemblies in as well if they're somehow original, also china mass production units. Bilstein 5100/4600 dampers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a factory ride height normal road use truck, the OEM aluminum lower arms are robust and most cost effective. If you're pulling the arm off for bushings, my recommendation would be to replace the ball joint and with labor you might as well do an entire arm swap vs pressing out/in new components.

TTX is Mevotech's most extreme ball joint/rigid bushing combo, I run the regular upper arms since the factory stamped OEM uppers are garbage IMO. Good time to get new shock assemblies in as well if they're somehow original, also china mass production units. Bilstein 5100/4600 dampers.

Hi Garc,

I will go with the TTX Mevotech for the LCA. I found that Mevotech offer TTX control arms as a forged aluminum and as a steel. I am thinking to go with the steel one. Any difference other than the material? Is the steel one is reliable same as the aluminum?

Best

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
2,385 Posts
The uppers only come as forged steel, the TTX(extreme off road)version is just a more robust ball joint with higher durometer bushings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts