DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 2500 Larime Diesel that has horrible headroom. I’ve seen older posts where people got their seat lowered, but I’ve not had any luck finding someone that would do it for me due to liability. Has anyone had this done recently? I’m desperate for help as I don’t want to lose 5-6 k selling my truck

·
Registered
575 Posts
Your Laramie should have a seat height adjustment. Just to clarify, you've set your seat height adjustment as low as it will go and you still need more head room? Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? Lowering your seat will be a custom job, and it won't be cheap to do it right (safe). Have you checked with any custom car shops?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct, I’ve lowered it all the way and the headroom is still crummy compared to others. I’m only 6’3” and I had a 2014 Ram 2500 with no issues. I bought this site on scene and didn’t realize it had a sunroof which is causing most of the issue. The sunroof requires the headliner to lower by a couple inches, which takes away headroom. I know it won’t be cheap, but it will be cheaper than trying to sell a 6 month old truck with only 2600 miles.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Neither my 15 or my 19 adjust low enough in my opinion.I'm 5' 10" on a good day and I feel like my legs are dangling over the front edge of the seat.Another 2" would be great.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Weird that you don't have enough head room at 6'3". My 2020 Laramie has the pano sunroof, and I have plenty of head room at 6'1". And my seat is not adjusted all the way down. I hope you're able to figure out a solution which works for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts