DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Express and looking to lower it and i have companies to choose from I am just not sure on who to order from, any suggestions would be most appreciated

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Have a look through this forum:
http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

There are several people that have dropped their 4th gen 4x4s and there's lots of info in there about kits to use and others to stay away from. I'm not 100% on the 4th gens, but what ever you want to know about 3rd gen 4x4 drops, I'm your guy :smileup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
us 4x4 guys have to use the 2wd dro kits. The companies just wont warrenty them because its "not the intended application".

Lots of guys have done it and so ar the only problems Ive heard from 4x4 guys are track bar relocation problems, which the 2wd guys complain about too lol

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
us 4x4 guys have to use the 2wd dro kits. The companies just wont warrenty them because its "not the intended application".

Lots of guys have done it and so ar the only problems Ive heard from 4x4 guys are track bar relocation problems, which the 2wd guys complain about too lol
What???

Ground Force makes 4x4 specific Drop kits for 4G Rams, have for almost 2 years now.
They use 4 new progressive rate coils , not drop spindles like 2WD's
Front ends are totally different animals, 2wd's have separate coils/shocks and 4wd's have a front strut/coil combo.

Link: http://www.groundforce.com/

I've had my Ground Force drop for almost 2 years now,
no problems, no track bar issue, install was easy, handling/ride is amazing!

You do need access to a strut tamer to safely swap the front coils though.

some install pics of mine here:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90706

I think it looks [email protected] with some beefy 305/50R20 Grapplers and plastiDip'd 20's

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
My kit is a 2/3 drop,

but if you want even lower, I know of at least 1 guy (Niggy) who chopped an extra inch off his GF coils on his 4x4...

Dont use a 2WD kit, the drop spindles will screw too much with your front axle CV angles if you dont know what you're doing.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Wow the trucks looks really good...Nicely done...Once you complete your mod post some pics if at all possible......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why would u wanna lower a 4x4? U mitus well just have gotten a 2wd for cheaper and drop it that way. I wouldn't waste my money on dropping a 4wd, it's not meant to be dropped

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would u wanna lower a 4x4? U mitus well just have gotten a 2wd for cheaper and drop it that way. I wouldn't waste my money on dropping a 4wd, it's not meant to be dropped

Well for me its better for the track and the snow. PLus im not gunna lift it with gas pricesthe way they are and its super expense for a 6 inch lift, 37's and rims and all the 2011 kits have been having front end issues. So lowering will be good for me at and i just love the lowered truck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just finished my GF 3/2 kit on my 2011 ram reg cab 4x4 - LOVE IT ! GF is a high quality product and it went smooth.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great looking installation too all that posted pics. Nice job!

I tow a 6000-pound camper with my '11 1500 4WD. Does the GF kit affect the payload of the vehicle at all? I can look it up online, but thought I'd throw it out there for those in the know.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Great looking installation too all that posted pics. Nice job!

I tow a 6000-pound camper with my '11 1500 4WD. Does the GF kit affect the payload of the vehicle at all? I can look it up online, but thought I'd throw it out there for those in the know.

Thanks!
Chris
Whenever you change the factory coils it will affect towing compacity, however to offset this many guys will use airlift 1000's.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts