DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.... New to the forums, but I have been reading them for months now after doing a 2"/4" drop (Mcgaughys) on my 2014 Ram 1500 Express.... Other than needed to upgrade the shocks and a rear sway bar.... I'm noticing the infamous "Ram Lean".... It's bugging the crap out of me!! It has less than 5000 miles of light city miles on it and only 1500 of them are on the lowered springs. What I'm looking into at this point is if its possible to do coil overs on this truck.... I'm new to lowering any vehicle, let alone a truck.... 2"/4" is a great look for me.... What I really want is to find a way to achieve adjustable ride height.... Without investing thousands into air suspension.... Can coil overs be used on this model... and if so how is this done in the rear? Any help would be greatly appreciated in advance guy.... Thx

Alignment done, full fuel tank and all tire pressure at 40 psi. Left front measures @ 35" and 1/2", Right front is @ 36", Left rear is @ 36 an 3/4, and the Right rear is jst over 37 ????

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had to trim my springs on my 2010 to get them all level. It took alot of time, being you have to take one out and put it back in and check again

·
Registered
782 Posts
so it's actually +/- 1/4" side to side .. that's not much.

your full tank of fuel is on the driver's side of the truck..

I would not recommend trimming springs individually;
it will change the corner weight side to side, which negatively affects handling.

if that lean is really bugging you, first I would swap springs side to side,
maybe the normal variability spring to spring is in your favor.

if not, then I would add a 1/2" spacer under the spring on the low side..
I have used donut style spacers, which I trimmed with a bandsaw to get within 1/4"

like these:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Qa1 will be coming out with a full coil over version of the TS 507 that people have been using - on the front end - for a while now (hopefully around January). I plan on going with a set when they come out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I literally just got done with lowering my Ram today. It has the infamous lean on the tank side. I'm going to be installing the Airlift 1000s and running slightly higher pressure on one side.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QA1 also has a setup that should work on our trucks already, but their springs are just a little more narrow than the stock setup.
501C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts