DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have McGauphys 2/4 deluxe drop. That includes 2 inch lowering spindles up front and 4 inch lowering springs in the rear. I want to drop it even more and I don't care about losing some ride quality.

So the question is has anyone used 2 inch lowering springs with the 2 inch drop spindles?

If so was there any complications that I should be concerned about?

Are there any suggestions on lowering the rear another 2 inches?

I was thinking about clamping the rear springs instead of cutting springs...

I appreciate any info given on the subject!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn 39 views and no reply. Bump!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this thread is a couple weeks old but I have done this mod, I have 2 inch drop springs up front with 2 inch drop coils. I have a thread on the other ram forum that has pictures before and after. You can not use the 275/60r20 tires with this combo. You need to use something with a shorter sidewall. I am using 275/45R20 which is a 29.7inch tall tire and have no rubbing at all. You could probably do something around 31.5" without much rubbing.

Issues I have/had are pinion angle is out and needs to be corrected with adjustable upper control arms on the rear. When you lower the rear more than 4" there is a shield on the gas tank that MAY rub on the drive shaft, I had to clearance mine with a pry bar. I am using factory bump stops up front with no issues. The rear occasionally bottoms out on really hard bumps in reality I think you could just use the factory foam bump stops and just trim a little off, the foam seems to be a bit more compliant that the hard urethane. Ride quality is pretty good, better than than my VW golf commuter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts