DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who in general, has the lowest VIN number and might be the first to get theirs on the line. My VIN is in the low 612k range.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very Very Low 600K range.
But I'm not sure this has anything to do with who will get theirs first.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Very Very Low 600K range.
But I'm not sure this has anything to do with who will get theirs first.
You are right about that. I think the last few numbers in the VIN are sequential for how they are built. However, delivery can vary. Some trucks are shipped to outfitters to have other parts installed. Mine will go out for the spray in Bedliner.
Then there may be shipping delays dependent on area shipped to

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am in the 620### range also. Just ordered Tuesday 2/5.

·
Registered
35 Posts
vin #

I'm at 570###, I ordered mine in Nov. but didn't get it until Jan. 25:smileup:

Sorry about this reply, I had to edit this. I miss-read the title "Hemi w/8 speed" sorry I have 6 speed. :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was just to see who would move out of production scheduled first. Then we will know if the start date of 03/04 was correct. As far as production following VIN it is varied by parts. My dealer has DS605463 in transit but it is a 6-speed express. Our 8-speeds should be built in order of our numbers when they go into production. My understanding was that orders did not move to production scheduled until parts were on-hand. Shipped is a whole different animal.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wanted to bump this back to top and see if any posters here in low 600XXX vin numbers had received their truck or know their expected delivery dates. Other posts indicate they are arriving now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wanted to bump this back to top and see if any posters here in low 600XXX vin numbers had received their truck or know their expected delivery dates. Other posts indicate they are arriving now!

5999XX

Dealer claims built Feb 8, on ramp awaiting rail transport. VOTS shows "production scheduled". What/who to believe? Find the answer to that when I actually see the truck...:mad:

Hemi/8-spd/Air suspension

1 - 10 of 10 Posts