DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else been having trouble with the treads on the lugs and/or studs. I usually rotate my own tires but ONE time I took it to get it done and I think they screwed them up with the impacts. I raced last night an when changing my rears from radials to street tires I ended up driving home with 4 lugs on each wheel in the rear. Threads were shot. One on each wheel. I can take this into the dealership can't I? No questions asked?

Only 20k miles

·
Registered
747 Posts
So the threads on one of your wheel studs were stipped after taking it to the dealer for a rotation? If so and it's soon after you might be able to get them to replace the stud and lug nut. If you went elsewhere and or it's been a while you're out of luck. The dealer isn't going to fix someone elses F-up.. like it sounds like you are implying...
Also did this place put the radials on?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, someone elses f-up. I think its just the lug. They seem to be real soft. I hate paying for someone elses mistake. LAST time ill take my truck to have its tires rotated an oil changed at a local tire shop ever again. Ill just keep doing it myself :doh:

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
The studs should be very easy to replace. I'm not sure on the rams but assume it's the same as other vehicles I've done before: Just buy the stud at autozone(they should carry them...) then hammer out the old stud, hammer in the new stud (can be difficult in the wheel well). Don't worry about hammering it in all the way, when you tighten the lug it'll suck it in, just check it after the first time you tighten it/suck it in to make sure it seated all the way.

Dealer won't cover someone elses mistake like said above...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts